Garmin Vivoactive HR - This new smartwatch/fitness tracker is so exciting. The Garmin Vivoactive HR, was just announced in early March and will be available for the Q2, or second quarter, this spring. With features like built-in GPS that doesnt require you to use your phone to track the route—and thus drain of your smartphone's battery—and it's waterproof rating of 5 ATM or up to 50 meters, this new iteration of the Vivoactive is a tough one to beat.
Plus battery life is up to 8 days, which is killer for when you're out on the trail for periods of time. I've been mid-ride and been really let down when I looked at my wrist and realized my smartwatch battery had died.
All the Garmin Vivoactive HR features
- Waterproof rating of 5 ATM or up to 50 meters
- Battery life is up to 8 days in smartwatch mode (with 24/7 heart rate monitoring, No GPS), up to 13 hours in GPS mode.
- It’s got a shape similar to an Apple Watch, but is way more rugged. It tracks pool swim metrics ( lengths, distance, pace stroke, count/rate, calories)
- Tracks Running (accelerometer (calculates distance for outdoor/indoor workouts, personal records, auto-pause, pace alert, heart rate based calorie computation)
- Tracks Cycling (bike speed/cadence)
- The Garmin Vivoactive HR will also have Chroma display for impeccable visibility in the sun. $249.99
- Electronic compass
- Music control
- VIRB (Garmin action cam) control
- Find my Phone
You can't go wrong with this one! Can't wait to get a hands-on test of this on the road and trail.